Call for Submissions PrattMWP College of Art & Design Gallery’ Open Call 2018-19
International Deadline: January 31, 2018 – The PrattMWP College of Art & Design Gallery, now located in the renowned art museum, Munson-Williams-Proctor Arts Institute in Utica, NY, awards exhibitions to emerging to mid-career artists working in a range of media.
Throughout the year, the selected exhibitions support the PrattMWP College of Art & Design students and provide cultural enrichment to the surrounding community. Selected artists are also invited to give gallery talks to students and community members.
Gallery Submissions Process 2018/2019 Academic Year
We are accepting proposals from artists working in all media, artists working sculpturally are encouraged to apply, though all media will be accepted. Anticipated exhibition dates will be held in the months of October, November, and Late-January to Early-February. Artists selected will receive a stipend, meals during installation, exhibition postcard, and a catered reception. Accommodations will also be provided for up to 2 days in a nearby hotel.
Selected artists will be given the opportunity to offer a gallery talk/and/or presentation to PrattMWP students and community members during the reception. The gallery awards solo, as well as two-person, and three-person exhibitions. In your cover letter, please specify which you would prefer and which you would not be able to do.
- Lighting: Track Lighting with LED fixtures throughout the gallery
- Walls: ½” Plywood covered by 5/8 wall board over metal studs, painted.
- Floor: Hardwood floors, varnished
- Parameters: Only works of art that fit in the elevator, and are able to clear the doorway into the gallery are permitted in the space. Elevator dimensions: Doorway; 39” x 80” (WxH) Interior; 50” x 62” x 90” (LxWxH) Use of back entrance to staircase in Gallery for larger pedestals and “somewhat larger” works of art will occasionally be permitted.
- Provisions: We provide some hardware, as well as a limited supply of pedestals and wall shelves.
Application is free. Submission of applications are only accepted online.
International artists: Please take the following into consideration: International artists are responsible for obtaining a visa, as well as necessary documentation for travel and employment within the United States. MWPAI can provide formal letters of invitation and additional support information requested, however it is the artist’s responsibility to carry the burden of the visa acquisition process through the appropriate channels. Please consider the timeline for making such arrangements. Artists must be reasonably fluent in English.
This is an entirely online application process. It is recommended that you prepare your answers offline and save them in a text or word document and copy and paste your answers into the application form so that you don’t lose your work.
- Primary Artistic Discipline
- Cover Letter
- Resume of recent work
- Artist Statement (250 Words)
- Artist website if available
- 10 digital images labeled with: Title, year, medium, dimensions, as well as any additional info
– 300 DPI JPEG or TIFF, minimum size 5 x 7 or similar (for video work see below)
– Artist with video submissions: 3 links to video (5 minutes each max) and 5-10 digital images 300 DPI JPEG or TIFF, minimum size 5 x 7 or similar
A committee consisting of Full-time Faculty will review applications and select artists for the 2018/19 season. Artists will be selected based on the quality of their work. Artists will be notified by March 15th.
Munson-Williams-Proctor Arts Institute
310 Genesee Street
Utica, New York 13502